Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Important Dates and Letter Information

The County Council's Education Committee discusses the MCPS budget on April 14, 21, 28, 30, and maybe May 1. From May 5 to 16, the full Council meets and discusses the entire budget. If you want the Education Committee to hear your ideas, they must receive your letter by APRIL 11th! For the full Council, your letter doesn't have to arrive until early May.

INSTRUCTIONS:
See my letter (link works!) for an example of what a letter should look like format-wise. Include your address at the top right, Knapp's name and address at the top left, your signature at the very bottom, and a list of CCs below that. I addressed my letter to Knapp, the President of the County Council. I snail-mailed him (and him only) a copy to the address given at the top of the letter. I also e-mailed the .pdf file to the following e-mail addresses:

To:
councilmember.andrews@montgomerycountymd.gov
councilmember.berliner@montgomerycountymd.gov
councilmember.elrich@montgomerycountymd.gov
councilmember.ervin@montgomerycountymd.gov
councilmember.floreen@montgomerycountymd.gov
councilmember.knapp@montgomerycountymd.gov
councilmember.leventhal@montgomerycountymd.gov
councilmember.trachtenberg@montgomerycountymd.gov

CC:
boe@mcpsmd.org
jerry_d_weast@mcpsmd.org
heath_e_morrison@mcpsmd.org
marty_creel@mcpsmd.org
darryl_l_williams@mcpsmd.org
mr.heidler@gmail.com

BCC:
jacobhurwitz@gmail.com

If you e-mail a letter, you should probably BCC it to me and yourself, so we both have copies of it. Any format is fine -- attached .pdf, attached .doc, or embedded in the e-mail. Just make sure that the paper copy you mail is signed. (I only chose .pdf because it's cooler and because I can.) The electronic copy need not be signed.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me for help.

UPDATE: Or use Louis's list. I just spent so long scanning mine (with a list of CCs), I don't feel like changing my list.
ELW UPDATE: Users of Vista- Send the .doc as .rtf to make it easier/more compatible with w/e the senders have as word processors. (Jacob: Or use Adobe's free PDFWriter if you have it.)

No comments: